- Prepare groups of 5-7 elementary students for success in Common Core learning standards.
- Instructors embrace our Promises - Critical Content, Strength-Based Learning, and Delighted Students.
- Create 60-minute learning experience plans in advance of implementation that accomplish the lesson goals that are given.
- We want staff who are eager to learn and use technology. Our unique approach uses multiple web sites and a gaming approach
- Maintain a safe space online in the group
- Communicate with parents about progress, concerns, and to retain students for future modules.
- Create, check, and correct homework assignments, as well as pretests and posttests, for students based on the common core topic being covered.
- Study plan towards college graduation with a BA (minimum) 60 credits must have been earned.
- At least one year of experience working with the School-Age group in a professional setting (Upper Elementary or Lower Middle School preferred)
- Familiarity with the NYS Common Core Curriculum
- Experience supporting remote learning successfully (phone reference for this will be requested during the hiring process)
- Bilingual fluency in English and one of our target languages (Spanish/Mandarin)
- Can work with children in an online setting
- Strong communication abilities in one-on-one meetings and in group settings
- Takes personal accountability for the program outcomes and takes initiative to implement positive change in the face of challenges
- Willing to use and embrace both known and unfamiliar technology (gaming) to promote student engagement.
- Able to challenge students with games and intrinsic motivation to do their best
- Able to use conscious use of self to gain the respect of students being tutored
- Able to use scaffolding with students
- Able to bring in novel illustrative activities to apply a concept
- Able to take control of the relationship and negotiate contracts with students
- Ambition to go above and beyond expectations to empower students
Somos un empleador con igualdad de oportunidades y todos los candidatos calificados recibirán consideración por el empleo sin distinción de raza, color, religión, sexo, origen nacional, estado de discapacidad, estado de veterano protegido o cualquier otra característica protegida por la ley.
82nd Street Academics
Community Church started Pre-K classes in 1974. In 1985, a Summer School program started for Chinese students and quickly became known as a school that helped good students stay a step ahead during the summer.
And in 1997, Afterschool Achievement Club started to help parents and students complete homework successfully.
In 2002, Community Church decided to incorporate the school separately. The new agency still has the same desire – to get students in New York City prepared early for college.
To complement public education so that students in New York City, regardless of home language, have access to quality public higher education.
82nd Street Academics Values
- Empower Students
- Protect the Journey to College
- Mission Driven Staff
- Delighted Kids
- Effective Teams
Our Ends Policies
- Students build emotional health, confidence and personal responsibility.
- Students form cross cultural relationships, appreciate the benefits of diversity, and are empowered to define themselves in the face of injustice.
- Students in school age programs build skills so that autonomous academic development is possible in high school and university.
Página Web de la Compañía: 82ndst.com
(si ya tienes un currículum en Indeed)