There are meetings and professional developments that may occur outside of these hours.
Rate of Pay: $16.50 an hour depending on previous experience and related education. Weekly payroll.
- Knowledge of best practices in working with children in an extracurricular setting
- Strong communication abilities in one-on-one meetings and group settings,
- Takes personal accountability for the program outcomes, and takes initiative to implement positive change in the face of challenges
-All employees are eligible for the COVID vaccine now. We encourage staff to receive it. Staff who've not yet received the vaccine will ask to get tested for the virus regularly to ensure the continued safety of our learning environment.
- Study plan towards college graduation, HS diploma minimum. College credits are required.
- Prior experience working with Early Childhood students.
- Commitment to the program through the end of June 2022, a non-negotiable requirement. The academic year 2021-2022.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish or Mandarin is a requirement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
82nd Street Academics
Community Church started Pre-K classes in 1974. In 1985, a Summer School program started for Chinese students and quickly became known as a school that helped good students stay a step ahead during the summer.
And in 1997, Afterschool Achievement Club started to help parents and students complete homework successfully.
In 2002, Community Church decided to incorporate the school separately. The new agency still has the same desire – to get students in New York City prepared early for college.
To complement public education so that students in New York City, regardless of home language, have access to quality public higher education.
82nd Street Academics Values
- Empower Students
- Protect the Journey to College
- Mission Driven Staff
- Delighted Kids
- Effective Teams
Our Ends Policies
- Students build emotional health, confidence and personal responsibility.
- Students form cross cultural relationships, appreciate the benefits of diversity, and are empowered to define themselves in the face of injustice.
- Students in school age programs build skills so that autonomous academic development is possible in high school and university.
Company Website: 82ndst.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)