Do you need a paid internship or want a part time job with students? The goal of our program is to provide the academic and social support needed for kids to be in the top 5 students of their public day-school. We achieve these goals with homework help (A in homework) and a variety of fun activities following.
82nd Street Academics seeks part-time coaches for our after-school programs at 82nd Street Academics located in five of our Queens locations. We have locations in Jackson Heights, Elmhurst and LIC. The participants in the program range from K-11th grade depending on program location. The goal of our program is to provide academic and social support. We achieve these goals by providing a holistic program that includes homework assistance, art, dance, cooking, Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) activities, fitness, leadership activities, goal-setting and college exploration.
The hours of this position are Monday-Friday 2:15pm-6:30pm. There are monthly meetings and professional developments that may occur outside of these hours. Rate of Pay: $19.00-$21.00 per hour depending on previous experience and related education.
Major Duties include:
-Lead instruction with team members Create lesson plans two weeks in advance for review by director.
-Train Social-Emotional skills for empowerment and provide support to students
-Manage classroom environment for homework completion, welcoming and inclusive environment, and engaged students
- Family engagement with weekly newsletter. Communicate with parents when there is a concern that must be resolved and provide excellent customer service and a professional, caring demeanor in-person, by phone or email.
- Empower and Delight Students. Participate in an effective and mission-driven team. Commit to self development
• Study plan towards college graduation with a BA (minimum)
• At least one year of experience working with the School-Age group in a professional setting
• Commitment to the program through the end of June is a non-negotiable requirement
• Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English is preferred
- Personal experience with societal barriers
• Knowledge of best practices in working with children in an extracurricular setting
• Strong communication abilities in one-on-one meetings and in group settings
• Takes personal accountability for the program outcomes and take initiative to implement positive change in the face of challenges
Interested and qualified candidates should respond to this posting with their cover letter and resume. Any attachments should be in PDF or MSWord formatting. For more information about our organization please visit our website at www.82ndst.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, LGBTQI or any other characteristic protected by law.
82nd Street Academics
To complement public education so that students in New York City, regardless of home language or other societal barriers, have access to quality public higher education.
- Empower Students
- Lifetime Learning
- Mission Driven Staff
- Delighted Kids
- Effective Teams
- Students build emotional health, confidence and personal responsibility.
- Students form cross cultural relationships, appreciate the benefits of diversity, and are empowered to define themselves in the face of injustice.
- Students in school age programs build study skills so that autonomous academic development is possible in high school and university.
Company Website: 82ndst.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)