There are meetings and professional developments that may occur outside of these hours on occasion.
Rate of Pay: $19.00 an hour. Weekly payroll.
- Knowledge of best practices in working with children in an extracurricular setting
- Strong communication abilities in one-on-one meetings and group settings,
- Takes personal accountability for the program outcomes, and takes the initiative to implement positive change in the face of challenges
-All employees are eligible for the COVID vaccine now. We encourage staff to receive it. Staff who've not yet received the vaccine will ask to get tested for the virus regularly to ensure the continued safety of our learning environment.
- A study plan toward college, an HS diploma, and/or a program of study for College credits are required.
- Prior experience working with Early Childhood students.
- Commitment to the program through the end of June 2023, is a non-negotiable requirement. The academic year 2022-2023.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish or another language is preferred.
- Personal experience with societal barriers
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, LGBTQI or any other characteristic protected by law.
82nd Street Academics
To complement public education so that students in New York City, regardless of home language or other societal barriers, have access to quality public higher education.
- Empower Students
- Lifetime Learning
- Mission Driven Staff
- Delighted Kids
- Effective Teams
- Students build emotional health, confidence and personal responsibility.
- Students form cross cultural relationships, appreciate the benefits of diversity, and are empowered to define themselves in the face of injustice.
- Students in school age programs build study skills so that autonomous academic development is possible in high school and university.
Company Website: 82ndst.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)