The hours are 7:30 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Weekly payroll offered.
- Have either an Early Childhood (Birth to Grade 2) or Elementary (Pre-k to 6th Grade)
- Be fluent in English and one other language (Spanish, Mandarin, or Bengali)
- Candidates with prior experience in a Pre-K classroom and a second language of Spanish, Bengali, or Mandarin Chinese receive priority in the application process.
- We are happy to consider teachers that are in the process of obtaining their certification. Study plan teachers have prior classroom experience and at least 90 credits in Early Childhood Education. Study plan teachers can be enrolled in a Master's program if they have already obtained a BA but in an unrelated field. We encourage you to apply!
- Personal experience with societal barriers
The Lead Teacher will be responsible for:
- Supervising children and planning lessons/activities for a group of age 4-year-old students.
- Delegating tasks to Teaching Assistants, and additional Support from floaters.
- Our classrooms follow the NYCDOE Instructional units of study and are supportive of students' emotional growth.
A little about why you should consider 82nd Street Academics:
-Our educational staff are energetic and exceptional! Have you ever thought of creating an indoor jungle? What about a farm? Our staff take our learning themes and really do it all.
-Our families are invested in their child’s learning. If you’re looking to work for a place where families really care, you’ve found it!
-We are a great place to grow! If you bring special gifts to this position, we are a great place to develop and use them. Everyone has an impact on our student's journey to college.
The position offers a positive, team-oriented work environment, and a competitive salary and benefits package. If you qualify for this position, we hope to hear from you!
Interested and qualified candidates, submit your resume and cover letter by email only. In your cover letter, explain any gaps in your job history and tell us about any special qualifications you have for this position. Spanish, Mandarin, French, or Bengali language bilingual ability preferred. Must have personal experience with societal barriers
-All employees are eligible for the COVID vaccine now. We require staff to receive it.
The salary range of $55-$68K described is dependent on the level of certification. Weekly Payroll. Please clearly include your level of certification in your response. We look forward to meeting you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, LGBTQI or any other characteristic protected by law.
82nd Street Academics
To complement public education so that students in New York City, regardless of home language or other societal barriers, have access to quality public higher education.
- Empower Students
- Lifetime Learning
- Mission Driven Staff
- Delighted Kids
- Effective Teams
- Students build emotional health, confidence and personal responsibility.
- Students form cross cultural relationships, appreciate the benefits of diversity, and are empowered to define themselves in the face of injustice.
- Students in school age programs build study skills so that autonomous academic development is possible in high school and university.
Company Website: 82ndst.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)