82nd Street Academics seeks part-time Instructors for our after-school program at 82nd Street Academics. The participants in the program are 120 students in K-5th grade. The goal of our program is to provide the homework help and social support needed to help students develop the skills required to successfully complete their elementary education.
The hours of this position are Monday- Friday 2:00pm-5:30pm.
There are bi-weekly meetings and professional developments that may occur outside of these hours.
Rate of Pay: $15.25 per hour depending on previous experience and related education.
Major Duties and Responsibilities include:
-Provide leadership on a day to day basis for a class of 10- 15 elementary school students. Instructors are representatives of our agency in the school and are responsible for maintaining the culture of the school in the afternoon.
-Ensure student safety and attendance to the program at all times. -Instructors are a role model for our students. Everyone on our team must be outstanding in adherence to policies on attendance and punctuality, dress code, and setting a tone of respect in interactions with students, colleagues, parents, and After School at 82nd Street Academics staff members.
-Communicate with parents when there is a concern that must be resolved. Provide excellent customer service and a professional, caring demeanor.
Education and Experience:
• Study plan towards college graduation with a BA (minimum)
• Commitment to the program through the end of June is a non-negotiable requirement
• Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English is important
• Knowledge of best practices in working with children in an extracurricular setting
• Strong communication abilities in one-on-one meetings and in group settings,
• Takes personal accountability for the program outcomes, and takes initiative to implement positive change in the face of challenges
Interested and qualified candidates should respond to this posting with their cover letter and resume. For more information about our organization please visit our website at www.82ndst.com.
Only apply if you are available from 2:00pm-5:30pm.
Job Type: Part-time
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
82nd Street Academics
Community Church started Pre-K classes in 1974. In 1985, a Summer School program started for Chinese students and quickly became known as a school that helped good students stay a step ahead during the summer.
And in 1997, Afterschool Achievement Club started to help parents and students complete homework successfully.
In 2002, Community Church decided to incorporate the school separately. The new agency still has the same desire – to get students in New York City prepared early for college.
To complement public education so that students in New York City, regardless of home language, have access to quality public higher education.
82nd Street Academics Values
- Empower Students
- Protect the Journey to College
- Mission Driven Staff
- Delighted Kids
Our Ends Policies
- Students build emotional health, confidence and personal responsibility.
- Students form cross cultural relationships, appreciate the benefits of diversity, and are empowered to define themselves in the face of injustice.
- Students in school age programs build skills so that autonomous academic development is possible in high school and university.
Company Website: 82ndst.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)